A special edition of GMC’s full-size Sierra pickup truck has the look and off-road capabilities some enthusiasts will want.
Consumer love for pickup trucks and SUVs is at an all-time high. To that end, GMC is taking advantage of our seemingly insatiable desire for all things high profile vehicle, by responding with a special edition of the Sierra’s All Terrain model, a package known officially as the GMC All Terrain X.
The special edition model offers exclusive content, including enhancements to the pickup’s off-road capability. The All Terrain X features an assertive countenance dressed in a monochromatic demeanor.
An Off-Road Enthusiasts Dream?
GMC says that the meets the desire of off-road enthusiasts to deliver a personalized truck much in the same way the Sierra Denali also does. The special edition Sierra provides an amalgamation of off-road competence and original style, borne out through a special package offering the following:
- 4WD with Eaton locking rear differential
- Z71 Off-Road suspension package with Rancho monotube shocks, high-capacity air cleaner, Hill Descent Control and underbody transfer case shield
- Rear Park Assist
- Unique grille with body-color surround and tinted chrome accents; body-color front and rear bumpers (rear bumper with corner steps)
- Spray-on bedliner
- All-Terrain-logo instrument cluster
- Inclinometer in the driver information center
“Styling is the biggest influence on Sierra customers and the new Sierra All Terrain X builds on that with a more aggressive, personalized appearance that complements its exceptional capability,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “It joins other models such as the new Sierra Elevation and premium Sierra Denali to offer more choices for finding the premium truck that matches customers’ style and capability needs.”
Exclusive to the SLT Edition
The All Terrain X is offered exclusively in the 2016 Sierra 1500 4WD crew cab/short box models with SLT trim. This model builds on the standard All Terrain package to add the following:
- 265/65R18SL Mud-Terrain-rated Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac MT tires, designed for off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud, with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions
- 18 x 8.5-inch black aluminum wheels
- Sport side steps (black)
- Bed-mounted sport bar (black) designed to support the accessory off-road LED lighting package
- High-performance LED headlamps
- Performance exhaust system, which bumps output of the 5.3L V-8 engine to 365 horsepower and adds an aggressive note
- Body-color door handles and body-side moldings
- Black exterior mirrors, belt moldings and B-pillars
- Interior floor liners
- Available colors: Onyx Black, Summit White, Stone Blue Metallic, Iridium Metallic, Crimson Red Tintcoat, Light Steel Gray Metallic.
2015 GMC Sales
GMC Sierra sales rose by a robust 17 percent in 2015 with overall truck deliveries up by 23 percent. GM’s truck brand outpaced Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac for 2015 as its overall US sales rose by 11.3 percent.
By far, GMC’s best seller is its full-size Sierra, accounting for 224,139 of the brand’s total 558,697 sales last year. That number was twice the sales of its second best selling model, the compact Terrain SUV.
Sales of the GMC Sierra All Terrain X will begin this spring. The price will be announced closer to its release date.
See Also —
Photos copyright GMC.